Pages

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Jogging Again: Water Jogging

Today at physical therapy, I did my first water jogging lap in the pool. I am making a lot of progress in therapy, and this was a great milestone.With my Autonomic Dysreflexia, the dizziness and low blood pressure keeps me from doing much cardio workout, but I'm getting back on track, and this was my start. I could feel that good feeling that my heart and lungs were getting cleaned out. I felt really good. I got in the hot tub afterwards, and as I did, I contemplated trying to do a second lap. Then I got out of the hot tub and felt very dizzy, and totally wiped out.... so I didn't do another lap. My therapist told me to expect feeling wiped out tonight. It's a good thing. I'm excited to do more jogging that will be an excellent gateway into swimming again.

No comments: