I think Apple Pumpkin Cornbread Muffins has a nice ring to it! It kind of rhymes :)
Recipe type: Muffins
Serves: 24 muffins
2 1/2 cups yellow cornmeal
2 cup whole wheat pastry flour or white whole wheat flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
3 flax eggs (1 TB ground flax seed to 3 TB water for each flax egg. Stir with fork and let sit for 5 minutes)
2 cups almond milk
1/2 cup honey (or pure maple syrup or agave)
3 tablespoons coconut oil
1. Preaheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease 24 cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray or line with paper
liners. (Spray the inside of the liners with non-stick cooking spray)
2. In a medium sized bowl, combine all dry ingredients and whisk until well incorporated.
3. In a separate large
bowl, stir together all wet ingredients.
4. Add dry ingredients to wet
ingredients and stir until just combined.
5. Use an icecream scoop (the one with the little metal scooper that pops the icecream (or muffin batter) out) to divide batter evenly into muffin tins.
6. Bake for 15-18 minutes or
until a toothpick comes out clean or with just a few crumbs attached.
Approximate Nutrition Information
Serving size: 1 muffin Calories: 141 Fat: 3.2g Carbohydrates: 26.6g Sugar: 7.5g Fiber: 2.8g Protein: 2.8g
This recipe was inspired by Ambitious Kitchen.