So, our friends/neighbors, Beth and Bob Winder introduced us to No-Bake Energy Bites. I am sorry to say that it has taken me this long to try and make them, and they are so easy and delicious! I looked them up on line and found a million recipes for them. They are very versatile. This is my rendition of them.
Taking care of John all day and working often as well makes me hard pressed to have time to eat 7 meals a day, Usually I try to fit in 4, 3 is not enough. But when I am in between meals, I often just need a boost. Something that is not full of high-fructose corn syrup, sugar, oil and preservatives...Something healthy and filling and hearty with a whole bunch of calories. This is an excellent answer! Just don't eat too many! - Good luck with that.
No-Bake Energy Bites
- 1/3 Honey or Agave
- 2/3 - 3/4 c. natural nut butter (peanut, almond, etc.)
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 c. oats
- 1/2 c. ground flax seed
- 1 c. unsweetened coconut
- 1/3 c. vegan mini-chocolate chips
- 1/4 c. finely chopped raw nuts (walnuts, almonds, pecans, etc.)
- 1/8-1-4 c.ground chia seeds
- 1/4 c. raisins or craisins
- 2 TB. sunflower seeds
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1. Add all the gooey ingredients and stir.
2. Add all the rest and stir until mixed.
3. Chill in fridge for 30 min.(if you can wait that long!)
4. Roll into balls and enjoy!
5. Place in a tupperware in layers separated with parchment paper.
6. Store in the freezer.
- As long as you have oats, honey/agave, vanilla, flax and nut butter, basically all the other ingredients can be switched out with other ones. Be creative!
- If adding more dry ingredients, add more nut butter 1 TB at a time.
- Instead of chocolate chips, use a Tablespoon of cocoa powder.