Pages

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Lemon Lentil Soup - Peas and Thank You

This is what we had for dinner tonight, and let me just tell you, it was delicious! Lemon Lentil Soup, from the cookbook that has really helped me start on this new journey, Peas and Thank You, by Sarah Matheny. I would definitely recommend checking it out at your library, we did, and then we bought it because it has been so helpful. We've tried at least 10 recipes from it already, and I'm very excited to continue exploring her creations and modifying them to fit our own family tastes.
I just want to say thank you to all of those who are rooting for me, even if you don't agree with me. You don't need to, but I do appreciate your support and your love. I have felt so encouraged by those who are asking me for recipes and some who are even asking me to help them to try this out and see if it might help them too. It is almost overwhelming to me though to try to make new recipes and create my own, and then type them up and put them on my blog right now, but I certainly will in the future. Someday, I aspire to write my own cookbook, even if it is just one for my own family. But, there is a time and a season for everything. So, for now, I will direct you to the cookbooks that are teaching me so much, if you are interested in trying these recipes too! And if I do find some spare time, I'll start posting some of my own recipes.

Tip: Unless you really don't know if you're going to like it, or you know it won't keep well, always double a soup recipe. It usually doesn't take any more time, and you can eat it for days, or freeze half of it and have an easy go-to meal on a crazy day!


No comments: