Makes about 5 cups
· 2 Tb. minced garlic (3-4 cloves)- Modify amount if you aren't a garlic lover
· 1 cube (about a Tb) veggie stock (or water)
· 11/4 c. quinoa (rinsed)
· 11/4 c. red lentils (rinsed)
· 51/2 c. water (or veggie stock)
· 1/2 Tb. minced dried onion flakes (or you could sauté as much minced fresh onion as you like with the garlic)
· 1/2 Tb. oregano
· fresh cracked pepper
· 3/4 tsp. kosher/sea salt
· 1 tsp. coriander
· 1/4 tsp. cumin
· 1/4 tsp. chili powder
1. In a medium large saucepan, sauté garlic (and onion if desired) in veggie stock (or water) until garlic is aromatic
2. Add quinoa, lentils and water (or veggie stock) and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer
3. Add all the seasonings while you are bringing it to a boil. Allow to simmer until most of the liquid has been absorbed and quinoa and lentils are tender.
· On a whole wheat wrap tortilla, or large leaf of lettuce, spread Simply Easy Hummus and Garlic Quinoa and Lentils. Top with salsa, avocado, lettuce and tomatoes for delicious wraps!
· Use as a rice and beans-type addition to any meal!